In order to solve the problem, reinstall the sound devices. This involves removing them from Device Manager while the computer is in Safe mode, and then restarting the computer so the system can detect and reinstall the devices. To do this, take the following steps:
1. Press F8 during Startup to access the Startup menu. Ignore any error messages that occur.
2. Choose Safe mode from the Startup menu and press Enter.
3. From the Desktop, right-click My Computer and select Properties.
4. Click the Device Manager tab.
5. Double-click Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
6. Click the first listed device to highlight it.
7. Click Remove.
8. Remove any additional devices in the same manner.
9. Click OK.
10. Restart the computer.
If the problem persists, download and install the latest audio drivers for your model from the following URL:
Click the link "DOWNLOAD" in order to begin downloading the driver. Please go through the link "View Additional SoftPaq Details" before installing the SoftPaq.